One thing many of us have in common is that we’re stuck inside. Naturally, people are going to be spending more time in front of the television. With streaming services consistently rising in popularity, many of us are flocking to services like Netflix, Disney Plus, and Hulu.
But if you had to live with just one, which would you choose? I asked you last week to choose your one-and-only streaming service. Out of over 1,100 total votes, there was a clear winner, but a very interesting runner up.
If you could only pick one, which streaming service would you choose?
As if anyone had any doubts, Netflix scored the top spot by a mile with 63.82% of the votes. We know Netflix has been adding subscribers left and right during the COVID-19 lockdown, so it’s no surprise to see it win this poll.
Surprisingly, Amazon Prime Video came in second place with 13.32% of the votes. The benefit with Prime Video is that many people use it simply because they’re already Amazon Prime members. I wonder if that number would’ve turned out differently if Prime Video was a standalone service and not bundled in with Amazon’s shopping benefits.
More posts about streaming services
Here’s what you had to say
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- Guy_Jorgen_Gold: Was this article written for Netflix’s ego?
- Note from Jimmy: Yes, I was clearly paid by Netflix to create this poll. Too bad you found out!
- daftrok: YouTube.
- MDRuckus: As far as I’m concerned Netflix and Hulu are the only two options. Apple TV is okay, but not a big enough library yet. Also, I can’t watch it unless I’m on my iPad or Roku. Amazon Prime is great for shipping, but horrible for streaming content. Disney+ is so overrated.
- Ankit Agrawal: Hotstar but it is available in India only I guess…
- Techngro: I’m really surprised to see Netflix so high. 90% of their catalog is crappy foreign movies and series. They have a few really good original content (Altered Carbon, The Last Kingdom, etc.) but once you get past those, it’s a wasteland.
- Earn NES: All I need is YouTube
- Nikolas Spiridakis: Piratebay
- conar Dsilva: i will only buy amazon prime as i get shopping and music too. its like hitting two birds with one stone.
- Dangdude: Pluto is free and the service is very entertaining watching your credit cards stay zero balance
- Swagat: Disney+Hotstar because of the live sports.
That’s it for this week. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.
Go to Source
Author: Jimmy Westenberg